The student news site of Holderness School

What Our Stickers Say

October 13, 2016

Last year Holderness School focused on the idea of identity. Being a teenage student, it seems as if one of the most important goals we have is defining who we are. Teens tend to do this by creating their own style that can be generated by the places they’re from and the things they enjoy most. While scanning across the desk in weld study hall or an English classroom one can already discover a student’s loves, hobbies, home, and style though the stickers on their laptops and water bottles. Here are what students have to say about their stickers:

Sarah Berube ‘18berube

Do you have a sticker that relates to the place you are from?

I have two Maine stickers on my laptop because it is truly the most wonderful and irrelevant state in the whole country! But without us, you would have only bad lobster so you’re welcome.

Do you have a sticker that represents a sport or hobby you have?

I have a rubik’s cube sticker because as many of you know, I am a avid cuber. I am very fond of my dozen different cubes I have mounted in my room.

Do you find that the stickers on your laptop describe your style and or personality?

I think that the stickers on my laptop describe my unique style. I like the most random things and love to express my distinct personality.

What is Your Favorite Sticker and Why

I would have to say that my favorite sticker is my “Kanye for President” sticker. I get many comments on it everyday and I am just doing my duty of supporting my favored candidate.

Elise Yabroudy ‘18

yarbroudy

I have an NH whale sticker. There are not many whales in New Hampshire though so it doesn’t make much sense.

Grace Parker ‘18

parkerDo you have a sticker that relates to the place you are from?

Yes, I have a NY state sticker. I love looking at it because it reminds me of my home in upstate New York.

Erica Ashby ‘18

ashbyDo you have a sticker that relates to the place you are from?

I have a sticker of the Great Lakes and live on Lake Michigan. Indiana Pride.

What is Your Favorite Sticker and Why?

My favorite is the “Shred Zepplin” ski sticker. It’s a combination of two things I love Led Zeppelin and skiing.

Bridget Pope ‘18

pope

Yes, a hockey sticker. It’s a Bruins sticker, and I don’t play for the Bruins but Holderness hockey is just as good as the NHL.

What is Your Favorite Sticker and Why?

An R2-D2 sticker, because most people don’t know I love Star Wars.

Chloe Dawkins ‘18

img_6901Do you have a sticker that represents a sport or hobby you have?

I have whale riding and skiing stickers.

The whale  sticker does because I like to eat.  

Bridget Potter ‘19

img_6931Do you find that the stickers on your laptop describe your style and or personality?

Yeah, there’s one that says stay weird and i’m weird. Also there’s one that says gluten free, and I’m gluten free.

The Picador • Copyright 2021 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in